Festival of Lights - Diwali Decor-1

As we roll into the festivities of Diwali, I am totally stoked to represent a festival that I grew up loving. If there is any manuscript decor buried in your head or drawer, it is time now to ground them with life. Limit doesn�t exist when it comes to Diwali d�cor, so bring on few quintessential ingredients that typify your style and choice for the festival of lights. Diwali is all about a traditional palette so freshen up your home with visual opulence. FLOWERS to radiate the chic serenity, LIGHTS for some blinking and twinkling and BRASS for an extra bit of sparkle to top off the festive look.
After the Diwali Tablescape, I have roped in a picturesque journey of 2 Diwali d�cor posts in line for you to create festive oasis. Today's post is about glorious touches at my front doors bathed in Diwali spirited theme.
 A new warm look has been grounded to boast up the entrance. D�cor has taken up a notch with warm ambience and over all festive bits, bringing an inviting atmosphere at my front doors. The German silver plate once belonged to my great grandfather is pulsating with life housing Ganesha taking the center stage surrounded by flickering diyas and scattered strands of marigold. Flowers are also attired in a similar heirloom piece of brass 'kalash'.
For setting the perfect festive tone, I scattered my collection of brass diyas. Golden hued flickering from diyas are cajoling  the gleaming charm at the entrance.
My artist daughter's Ganesha canvases never fail to steal the show. Here, I have casually rested another frame to add vibrant back drop on the vignette. The frame is housing a page from an old calendar of Krishna showing all his "Leelas", which I didn�t had heart to throw away. With an urge I kept the pictures. Now I repeatedly alter the pictures in the frame by swapping the pictures as per my color theme.  

 Creative display and array of breathtaking antiques will definitely stop and park your guest before they whisk away. I have exercised something unexpected by resting the brass urali and candle holders on the wooden wall scone. The wall scone is still begging for a perfect wall to rest in the home, until then I have informally rested it on a brass stand to suit my purpose on this festive season.
Few of our hidden gems are brought into a limelight this festive season. Shining a spotlight here is the star ingredient of our collection. Though, polishing this heavenly weighty bell was a herculean task 
Gathering a gang of diyas will give your space twice the bang. I wonderfully smug about my collection of diyas added over many years from back home and few gifted here. Diyas are the rightness of any d�cor plan in festivities. Their alluring lights make an erotic atmosphere.

Red and gold are the Diwali classics and can easily kick up a notch in any d�cor. I have sizzle up the floor here with some exciting changes by mixing modern and vintage pieces.Staging of small pieces in a bunch will give you a power of a large display.
I honestly wish I could decorate for Diwali all year long. Traditional and ethnic d�cor for Diwali is definitely cultivating my own taste. Hope these images perfected the set of signaling a festive mood in your home. Circle back with me this week on the blog for Day-2 Diwali Inspiration of our living room. Until we meet again, stay glued here or on facebook page, toodles!


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »